Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Run or Dye 5K

The Run or Dye 5K fun run was my first race of 2013. Yes, I am one of those crazy people that love to run for fun. I had been practicing for it for the last couple of weeks...sort of...alright not really. I just ran a couple of time the week before the run. Let me tell you that this is not the kind of run to do if you have not ran in awhile or if you are a girly girl and don't like to get dirty.
www.runordye.com
The race had an assortment of dry powder colors that are thrown in the air at various points throughout the race. When you run through the "color" station volunteers throw the powder and in theory it lands colorfully on you creating a living canvas. Sound cool right? Not for me. Bad luck followed me on the race course.

The powder at one of the color stations was so heavy that it was nearly impossible to breath when running through it. Then at another color station the powder was thrown directly into my face. It ended up in my eyes, ears and nose. According to website the colored powder is a plant based mixture so there should be no harm from it. It was just a disgusting mess!

The lesson that I learn from this experience is that I'm a runner at heart and don't really care about all of the other extra things to make a run "fun". I just like to run for fun and that's it.

For now on there will be no more theme runs for me!
 
www.kidinthefrontrow.com
 Click here to see the video of how I felt before the run.

Click here to see the video of how I felt after the run.

No comments: